Tuesday, October 28, 2008

good food & more randomness

Randomness for the day:
I saw two girls on a tandem bike on my way to work


I went out to dinner with my birthday buddies last night and we had a lovely meal at the Clochier Pereire. It is a small, cozy restaurant with original offerings and not that expensive (30€ for the fixed-price menu). The service was a bit slow, but very friendly and worth the wait.

I also learned some new words:

  • Omble Chevalier: Arctic charr (a fish... one that tastes like sand)
  • Col vert: mallard duck (I didn't know they were edible)
  • Cromesqui: deep fried something (polenta in this case - very good)
Things I learned about myself:
  • I don't like fish
  • I am still very American in my taste in food, even after 17 years here, seeing duck on a plate still creeps me out.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com