Tuesday, October 21, 2008

an update, finally

Some of you (ok, just one of you) has asked for an update on my so called life. Not much to report, except that I have become a member of the PTA, which I got sucked into. I did warn them that I wasn't a PTA kinda gal, but here I am, now manager of a Google Group for the association. It is rather fulfilling, but rather sad as it has made me become aware of the fact that I spend way too much time on the internet (the other parents check their e-mail WEEKLY).


So, other than spending my time on-line, I'm still trying to be the perfect 50's housewife (despite the fact that I'm divorcing, work full time and can't do anything properly). Tonight, I tried to make pumpkin purée (yes, they consider pumpkin a savoury dish in France) and failed miserably and am also trying to embroider coasters for a craft swap at the end of November.


So, for the semi-exciting part, I'm sitting here eating an artichoke (which I finally figured out how to cook much to the kids' joy) and looking at my almost done coaster when the phone rings. Very surprised to be receiving a call at 9:45 p.m., I pick it up w/o looking and .... it the sandwich guy. Wow. I totally blew him off and he is sticking with it! OK, he was a bit pissed but still, you have to give him points for perseverance. I promised I would go see him for a coffee after work tomorrow.


What else... hmmm, my new roomie is arriving in two weeks for a five-week stay. Will give you a hint: his name begins with P. Wonder what the other P will have to say about that???




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you thinking???

Anonymous said...

5 weeks?!?! Are you INSANE?

Anonymous said...

BTW - "ANONYMOUS" is my stage name.

Anonymous said...

If you are not insane, you will go insane!

Anonymous said...

We are cracking up!

sheppy said...

I thought your stage name was Anon... that is how I quote you at the bottom of my mails when protecting your identity!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com