Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meetic... day 3

I still don't know what to think about Meetic. I think you could safely compare it to sifting your recycling and your garbage!

I got a flash from a nice guy and took it offline, since the on line chat is really slow and have found myself with a brunch date for Saturday!

I also confirmed my drinks date on Saturday evening via phone. Not so excited about that one all of a sudden. I have to admit that I have a strange aversion to talking to people on the phone, especially when I don't know them. We'll see, but I'm betting that there won't be a second date there.

The most exciting date news of the day is not from Meetic, but from good old Craig's List. I responded to a very, very, very nice ad I saw there though I did not quite fit the person's criteria and have had the best e-mail exchange ever with the person concerned. I have suggested we meet up and am keeping my fingers crossed.

The high point so far of this experience is that I'm beginning to know what I really want and am finding out that getting it is possible. I'm finding this very liberating and am going to do my all (yes, that means burning some bridges) to make what I want happen.

Thanks to my cousin, for that insight - you will be getting a copy of the "What I want list" soon!

Thanks for your patience.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com