Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meetic... week 1

I'm not very excited about Meetic. Firstly, it really is a bit of a meat market out there and I'm not interested in getting my end away. Secondly, I'm more attracted to anglo-saxons, or people very familiar with the language and culture and Meetic is not a great place for that. And then there is the 'judging a book by its cover' aspect - it is all very superficial.

Have not had any interesting contacts since the weekend. So, I can safely say that I'm not going to renew my subscription.

I am, however, very excited about the guy I met on CL. A little bit too excited methinks, so am going to calm down about it and will let you know how Friday goes.

If it doesn't work out, I think I will post an ad of my own and will seek out other anglo dating sites here. I would also like to try speed dating (yes, am feeling très adventurous).

In any case, the last week has been extremely enlightening and joyous and has shown me that a positive attitude attracts positive reactions and I'm going to continue in that vein.

Oh, and I cast off my old demons today and I feel so much better for it.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com